Are you new to the NSF Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program or a seasoned veteran? We hope you will find this information useful in navigating the NSF Noyce proposal preparation process. You’ll find the most recent solicitation, webinars presented by NSF program directors, Frequently Asked Questions, NSF forms and guides, and some general resources about writing proposals. Read on.
Noyce Solicitation (NSF 21-578)
Proposal Due Dates
• August 30, 2022
• Last Tuesday of August, annually thereafter
Attend a Noyce Proposal Preparation Webinar
The NSF Division of Undergraduate Education and AAAS offer two webinars on funding opportunities in the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship program (NSF 21-578). This annual series introduces the Noyce program and provides recommendations for designing competitive proposals, project track information, merit review criteria, information for new awardees, and more.
Register for the 2022 Proposal Preparation Webinars on June 6 and 7. (coming soon)
View the 2021 on-demand webinars.
Frequently Asked Questions (NSF 21-087) for the Noyce Program
Critical Resources for NSF Grant Writing
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG), NSF 20-1 – The PAPPG provides information about the proposal and award process at NSF: (1) proposal and submission guidelines and (2) award, administration and monitoring of grants and cooperative agreements. Attend an NSF PAPPG webinar (on-demand).
- Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development (NSF 13-126 and NSF 19-022)
- NSF & U.S. Department of Education Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
- Common Guidelines FAQs
- NSF – Approved Formats for Biographical Sketch & Current and Pending Support Sections of NSF Proposals
- NSF Prospective New Awardee Guide
- NSF 101: 5 Tips on How to Work with an NSF Program Officer
- Tips for Preparing NSF Project Reports
- The Art & Science of Reviewing Proposals – This NSF-developed reviewer orientation video provides tips for writing proposal reviews but can provide some good insights for proposal writers.
- Differentiating Research & Evaluation:
- Webinar: Untangling Knowledge Generation and Evaluation (This webinar is from the NSF S-STEM Program but contains generally helpful information.) (Webinar PowerPoint Slides)
- Tips for Developing Proposals (CADRE)
- Writing Research and Evaluation Plans in an NSF Grant (Kavita Mittapalli)
Other NSF Education & Human Resources (EHR) programs of interest: