- Year 2023
- NSF Noyce Award # 1758389
- First Name David
- Last Name Pagni
- Institution California State University, Fullerton
- Role/Position PI
- Workshop Category Track 1: Scholarships and Stipends
- Workshop Disciplines Audience Mathematics
- Target Audience Co-PIs, Evaluators/Education Researchers, Other Faculty/Staff, Project PIs
- Topics Developing Teacher Leaders, Partnerships for Success (High-need schools/informal institutions/industry/community), Program Management and/or Sustainability, Recruiting with Retention in Mind, Supporting New Teachers/Induction
- Session Length 30 minutes minutes
- Additional Presenter(s)
The goal is to assist new project directors with lessons learned from a Noyce Track 1 program in its final year of a five-year grant.
Results for a Noyce Track 1 grant project that focused on community college transfers.
The workshop will assist new project directors with lessons learned from a Noyce Track 1 program in its final year of a five-year grant. The speakers will share experience related to recruiting community college math majors, supporting them through the transfer process, degree, and credential program. Successes and failures will be shared along with reflections of what supported successes and how to predict and head off potential failures. Data will be shared for each example.