Noyce Scholar Profile
Undergraduate major or graduate field of study: Interamericana University of Puerto Rico, Metropolitan Campus MA. in Education with a learning in Mathematics.
Subject area(s) and grade level teaching focus: Mathematics education in seventh, eighth and ninth grades level.
Category of scholarship/fellowship:
Master Teaching Fellow
Name of Noyce institution:
University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras Campus
Current academic or teaching status:
I have eight years teaching math but in Eugenio Ma. De Hostos School I have three years.
School and school district:
• Eugenio Ma. De Hostos School in Cayey, PR: Teaching math. • Universidad del Turabo in Gurabo, PR: Trainer teachers of mathemat
• Proficient with develop learning strategies.
• Expert using the Virtual Manipulative from the National Library of Virtual Manipulative.
• Proficient using Microsoft Program (Excel, Power Point and Word)
Why do you want to teach:
I want to teach because is an experience that I grow up with my students. I teach them but I learn with them.
Describe a memorable teaching experience:
The most memorable teaching experiences were when I used the technology with my students and integrated the real life. In mathematics is not easy connecting the curriculum with real life. The students know the relevance and the importance to learn math.
What does the Noyce program mean to you:
The Robert Noyce Teacher Scholars Program teaches me the follow:
• different methods to teach mathematics content knowledge using diverse technology
• leadership capacity
• learning skills
• educational strategies
to expand the talent pool of students of 7-9 graded.